The Library is a space for quiet reading and study with staff providing support in development of independent reading, information literacy/research skills and learning across the curriculum.
The Library has a range of fiction and non-fiction books and magazines and journals. These resources along with verified websites can be found by searching the library catalogue which can be accessed throughout the school via the intranet Library link.
- Encyclopaedia Britannica - Encyclopaedia, articles, multimedia, primary sources and other resources to support student research and class work.
- Jstor for Schools - Access a range of resources include peer-reviewed scholarly journals, respected literary journals, academic monographs (books), research reports, and primary sources from libraries’ special collections and archives.
- Carel Press' Complete Issues - articles, statistics and organisations for research reliable and up to date information that supports the whole curriculum and current issues within society.
- Review Magazine Archive and GCSE Magazine Archive - Hindsight (History) & Worldwide (Geography) which cover topical articles, cutting-edge research and expert exam advice to deepen student subject understanding and knowledge. Print copies of these magazines (both archive and current) are also available for use in the school library. Students can purchase their own copies of the magazines via the school librarian the a-level magazines cover Business, Economics, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English, Geography, History, P.E., Politics, Psychology, Sociology - with the online archive also covering Religious Studies (no longer in print) and Law.
- Media Magazine for A-Level Media & Film Students - searchable archive of over 1700 articles, downloadable PDFs of past magazines, short video clips of writers and academics talking about texts and topics for a-level Media and Film Studies, printable PDF of each issue as soon as it is published.
- And access to the Churchill Archive.
The Library has 15 computers available for students to use for homework and research and can comfortable seat a class of students at desks as well as having some more relaxed seating for those wishing to read.
Students also have access to a combined printer, scanner and photocopier with both black and white and colour features available; printer credits can be purchased at IT services.
The libraries are managed by Librarian, Mrs C Watkins, and run with the help of dedicated Library Assistant, Mrs Knapton.