Key Stage 5 - A-Level
Grade 7 or 8 or equivalent at GCSE, including 5 GCSEs at Grade 5 or above.
We welcome students from schools other than St Peter’s.
At A Level, we continue with the AQA syllabus. Alongside all of the themes that are studied, grammar and vocabulary is studied in order to give students the tools to be able to communicate fluently with native speakers. Students also study a film and a piece of literature in the target language. In addition, they undertake an Individual Research Project at the end of year 12.
- Aspects of either Francophone or Hispanic Society
- Artistic culture in the Francophone or Hispanic World
- Literature & film studied
- Multiculturalism in Francophone or Hispanic Society
- Aspects of political life in Francophone or Hispanic Society
Students receive homework on a weekly basis in order to consolidate and support what they have learned in class. Students are assessed in line with the school assessment policy.
For further information on the A Level specification for French: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/as-and-a-level/french-7652
For further information on the A Level specification for Spanish: