Key Stage Three Maths
Pupils have blue exercise books for class work and yellow exercise books for home work. The front of their class work book has a full list of equipment that is required.
Key stage 3 Homework
Students will not have a separate homework book. All work will be completed in their blue exercise book.
Homework will take 2 forms:
- A short (15-20 mins) piece after most lessons to reinforce the learning of the lesson.
- The work will be put on Show My Homework, not printed off. It may be electronic ( eg MyMaths)
- This will be completed in the students’ classwork book.
- It is to be completed by the next Maths lesson.
- It will be marked/corrected in class by the student, using green pens. If appropriate they can give a mark out of 5 or 10. However, their corrections/comments more relevant.
- A longer piece approximately once per fortnight.
- This will be common to students of similar ability across the department.
- This will be printed off for the student to stick in their classwork book, as well as being put on SMH.
- The students will complete it on the sheet
- The students will be given at least 48 hours to complete it so that they can seek help as needed.
- It will be marked/corrected in class by the student, using green pens.
- Teachers will collect this in and comment on this task, a positive comment and a ‘to improve’ comment, using purple pen. The work will not be graded.
At this time, teachers will take the opportunity to monitor the presentation of work in the books and also the completion/marking of the short tasks.
Assessment point tests:
These will be common to students of similar ability across the department.
They will be write on tests and will be marked by the teacher and graded. These will be stapled into the back of the student’s exercise book.
For all homeworks, students must take time and carefully consider the problems set. For full credit, correct answers are to be supported by clear and correct working out. Students should consider drafting their work in rough then copying it up neatly, taking pride in their work. They need to make sure that they fulfil the requirements of the task. Staff are available for help and support.
Useful links for support with homework
Stuck on Homework (free KS3 subscription)